Klei Entertainment announced The Reign of Giants DLC for Don’t Starve on PS4 will be released on July 22 in North America and July 23 Europe.
Don’t Starve: Reign of Giants DLC adds new characters, seasons, creatures, biomes, and other challenges to Don’t Starve. The DLC will be available for $4.99 on the PlayStation Store and PlayStation Plus members are eligible for a 10% discount when its launch.
There are two rather interesting new characters introduced in the DLC which are Webber, a boy who lives inside a spider that tried to eat him long ago, and Wigfrid, who is described as “a stage actress who went a tad too far with method acting on her latest role.”
- New playable characters: Reign of Giants adds two characters for players to discover and survive with. Play as Wigfrid, a stage actress who went a bit too far with method acting on her latest role, an ancient Valkyrie, or Webber, a young boy who lives inside the spider who tried to eat him long ago.
- Year-round starvation: Struggle through a full year of seasons as you experience the torrential rain falls of spring and the blistering heat of summer.
- A bigger, badder world: New biomes have been filled to the brim with new creatures and gatherables that will either help you survive – or kill you.
- An extra save slot: You asked, we delivered.
- Giants: They’re in the name for crying out loud!
Also, along with the expansion being available, all Don’t Starve players will get a new free patch for the base game which includes performance enhancements, bug fixes and a some of the content that was previously only on PC including:
- Added Snow Chester and Shadow Chester
- New in-game text strings & dialogue
- Option to disable Screen Shake.
- Expanded options for World Generation.
- New ability to save custom pre-sets in World Generation screen
- Random character select option when starting a new game.
Last week Klei Entertainment also let us in on a sneak peak at the Don’t Starve Together co-op add-on. This add-on on has only been announced for the PC version but one can only hope it makes its way to the PS4 like the Reign of Giants DLC is.