Phantasy Star Online 2 alpha test 2 is incoming. Sega last year announced that PSO2(Phantasy Star Online 2) has been delayed into 2012. According to producer Satoshi Sakai the purpose of the delay was to address gameplay issues found by user feedback submitted after the conclusion of last summer’s alpha testing.
Now the original Phantasy Star Online 2 alpha testers will be joined by a second wave in order to evaluate the changes made based on their feedback. For those of you that are interested in the PSO series and can read kanji, then you can sign up for this game at http://pso2.jp/entry/.
Recap of the Major Features
To recap what the major features are (please feel free to message me if you think anything else needs to be included)
PSO2 is Windows PC ONLY. There are no plans to release a console version.
The three races are: Human, Newman and CAST. There are no beasts
Clothing is NOT attached to class or race.
All races can use morphers to customize their appearance
Any race can be any class
The three classes are Hunter, Ranger and Force. There are no advanced classes.
Character leveling is done through class levels.
MAGs are in
- Customizable rooms are in
- Item grinding (more than weapons this time) and item fusion are in
- Player shops are in (and are accessible outside of rooms this time)
- Missions are accessed from a singular counter like in PSO, rather than multiple like in PSU
- Missions can be interrupted by random events
- Bosses can be fought both in and out of arenas
Alpha Test 2
- Phantasy Star Online 2 alpha test 2 is set to take place some time in early 2012, with the registration period ending on the 17th of January. The details can be found elsewhere, but I’d like to finish this post with information about what will and what will not be included in the tests.
What is in:
- All features of the last alpha test
- My Room
- Player shops
- Item Labs
- New character models and CAST morphers
What is NOT in:
- The city area shown in trailers