Recently Redbull interviewed CEO of developer Reality Pump studios Tadeusz Zuber about Raven’s Cry: Piracy. The game was first announced back in 2011 and problems with development had publisher TopWare Interactive called on Reality Pump to save the day. Reality Pump is known for their Two Worlds series so rest assured they have experience in developing engaging open world games.
Raven’s Cry: Piracy is a third-person open world role-playing action-adventure game. Ravens Cry Piracy is said to feature historically accurate architecture and ruthless pirates from the early 17th century. You play as Christopher Raven, a young Scottish boy, who boards a ship with his family bound for the New World. Their ship is attacked by pirates near Jamaica leaving Christopher as the sole survivor. You can pretty much guess this turns into a revenge plot from here on.
Raven’s Cry: Piracy is scheduled for release on October 14 2014 and coming to PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Check out the features listed below as well as some mouth-watering screenshots.
Here’s a list of game features:
- New skills for the captain (a skill tree with over 25 options)
- The personal story of Christopher Raven (more than 25h of main storyline)
- Additional adventures and skirmishes (open-world setting and side quests)
- An economic system with a wide variety of tradable goods and simulated price adjustments
- Realistic naval combat
- Depictions of the dark life of pirates (cinematic cutscenes)